Wildlands Festival is committed to celebrating wild, open spaces and the grandeur of Montana paired with an iconic musical performance from artists spanning decades of excellence and ask that you adhere to the following guidelines in order to ensure a great experience for everyone!
Wildlands Festival is an outdoor event and will take place, rain or shine. No refunds. No exceptions. Wildlands Festival promoter reserves the right to substitute artists if necessary.
Please note, all personal belongings will be searched prior to entrance, so please adhere to these rules so that others will not be delayed during the entrance process.
HEALTH, SAFETY, AND COVID-19
The health and safety of our artists, fans, and community is our top priority. The Wildlands Festival has health and safety protocols in place and we will continue to monitor and adhere to Local, State and Federal updates and regulations as applicable, including Montana HB 702. Event specific policies and procedures are subject to change and will be posted to the Wildlands website and emailed to tickets buyers as applicable.
HOW DO I PRE-REGISTER FOR A TICKET?
To pre-register, go to our ticket website. Pick your ticket type and select the number of people in your party (up to 4 tickets max). Enter your payment information. Your card will not be charged unless your request is confirmed in the lottery. We will email you if you are randomly selected with instructions to claim your tickets. It is important to note that by submitting a request to pre-register for tickets for Wildlands Festival, you are committing to purchase the ticket(s) should your request be confirmed in the lottery. If your request is confirmed, your payment method of choice will be charged for the ticket(s) requested.
HOW ARE PRE-REGISTRATION TICKET HOLDERS SELECTED?
Tickets awarded through the pre-registration process are a lottery. They are selected at random; not first come, first serve.
DO I NEED A TICKET FOR MY CHILD?
Wildlands Festival is an all-ages event. Children 1 and under and babies in arms are free to attend the Wildlands Festival grounds with paid adult admission.
WHAT IS THE BEST TIME TO ARRIVE?
The best time to arrive for the Wildlands Festival is early! Parking will fill up quickly and lines may start to form. Gates open at 5:00pm.
IS THE EVENT FOR ALL AGES?
Yes, Wildlands Festival is an all ages event.
HOW DO I GET TO WILDLANDS FESTIVAL IN BIG SKY, MONTANA?
DIRECTIONS FROM BOZEMAN, MT: To get to the Big Sky Events Arena from Bozeman, take US-191 S through the scenic Gallatin Canyon. After approximately 40 miles, turn right onto Hwy 64 / Lone Mountain Trail. In 3 miles, turn left onto Ousel Falls Road. Next, turn left onto Aspen Leaf Drive. The Big Sky Events Arena will be on the right.
SKYLINE BUS: Information coming soon.
KARST STAGE: Information coming soon.
UBER / LYFT: Note Big Sky does not currently have UBER or LYFT service.
WHERE DO I PARK? IS THERE PAID PARKING?
Parking is very limited, carpooling is recommended; paid parking pass opportunities and other parking or shuttle information will be released in the coming months.
WHERE DO I CHECK IN/SCAN MY TICKETS WHEN I ARRIVE?
A detailed venue map and directions for entry will be provided to ticket holders via email prior to the event.
CAN I BRING MY DOG OR PET TO WILDLANDS FESTIVAL?
No, please leave your furry friends at home. Service Dogs require strict pre-approval 72 hours in advance of the event. Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
WHAT ARE CONSIDERED PROFESSIONAL CAMERAS AND PROFESSIONAL DIGITAL CAMERAS? CAN I RECORD THE SHOW?
Video recording the show is not permitted. Any camera with a removable lens(es) IS NOT permitted in the show. Please leave these at home.
IS RE-ENTRY ALLOWED AT WILDLANDS FESTIVAL?
Once your tickets are scanned and credentials activated, you may not leave and re-enter Wildlands Festival.
IS THERE AN ON-SITE WILL CALL?
Yes, located at the entrance of the Wildlands Festival there will be a Will Call trailer for ticketing questions and sponsor pick-up. However, we suggest purchasing your ticket to Wildlands Festival now, as the show is expected to sell out.
ARE THERE ATM MACHINES AT THE WILDLANDS FESTIVAL VENUE?
Yes, there will be two ATMs on site.
WILL I BE ABLE TO PURCHASE FOOD AND DRINKS AT THE EVENT?
Yes! There will be a variety of food and drink options available at Wildlands Festival, including full bar. Alcohol sales close at 10:30pm.
IS THERE A LOST AND FOUND?
Yes, there will be a lost and found located at the Will Call trailer at the entrance.
WILL THERE BE MERCH SALES?
Yes, there will be a Merch tent and trailer for all Wildlands Festival and related artist merch sales next to the Will Call trailer at the entrance.
DOES THE VENUE OFFER ADA ACCOMMODATIONS?
Yes, please contact us at email@example.com prior to the event to request assistance.
CAN I CAMP OR PARK MY RV ON SITE?
No, camping and RV parking are not allowed on or near the venue. There are limited first-come, first-served Forest Service campgrounds near Big Sky including Red Cliff, Greek Creek, Moose Creek and Swan Creek. Dispersed camping may be available in other public land adjacent to Big Sky. We recommend booking a campsite through the US Forest Service website.
WHAT SHOULD I WEAR?
Big Sky, Montana is at an elevation of approximately 7000 feet, and has mountain weather patterns which range from chilly nights to warm days. Expect nighttime temperatures in the 30s-50s and daytime temps in the 50s-70s. Dressing in layers is a good idea, and a jacket and/or rain jacket is recommended. The concert venue is outdoor in a sagebrush field with a mix of dirt, rocks, grass and other natural elements, so supportive, closed toed shoes are recommended.
WHAT IF IT RAINS?
The Wildlands Festival will go on! Rain or shine! No Exceptions. No refunds. If extreme inclement weather there is shelter for VIP ticket holders under the Big Tent, and for GA attendees there is shelter adjacent to the concert venue in Big Sky Town Center.
WHAT IF I NEED MEDICAL ASSISTANCE?
Wildlands Festival will have a staffed Medical Tent near the GA entrance of the venue. For more serious issues, the Big Sky Events Arena is also near the Big Sky Medical Center hospital which is open 24 hours. Call 911 if it is an emergency.
WHAT SOCIAL MEDIA HANDLES / HASHTAGS SHOULD I USE FOR THE EVENT?
@outlawpartners | #wildlandsfestival
WILDLANDS FESTIVAL GROUNDS NOT ALLOWED:
- Glass of any kind, including glass bottles
- Plastic bottles
- Outside food and drinks
- Narcotics and drug paraphernalia
- Drones or any other unmanned aircraft
- Chairs / Hammocks / Blankets / Other lounging equipment
- Fireworks or other explosives
- Firearms, knives, or other weapons
- Megaphones, PA systems, Air horns
- Backpacks, waist packs or large totes
- Coolers of any kind
- Pets (Service animals exempt)
- Professional audio or video recording devices (including cameras, camera equipment, video or audio recorders, and iPad’s)
- Amplified sound devices (Wireless speakers, etc.)
- Selfie sticks
- Large chains or spiked bracelets
- Wallet chains
- Laser pens
WILDLANDS FESTIVAL GROUNDS ALLOWED:
- Standard, non-professional cameras
- Cell phones
- Medications with a prescription and ID matching
- Empty water bottles
- Strollers, one per child
- Diaper bags, one per child
- Small purses and handheld bags
Security has final say on allowed and prohibited items. All possessions subject to searching at security checkpoints.
WHAT ARE THE WILDLANDS TICKETING TERMS AND CONDITIONS?
Wildlands Festival is a rain or shine event – all ticket purchases are final, and all Wildlands Festival tickets, taxes and fees are non-refundable. Wildlands Festival does not support third-party ticket resales. Wildlandsfestival.com is the sole authorized source for purchasing Wildlands Festival tickets. If you obtain your ticket(s) from any other unauthorized source, you take on the risk of those tickets turning out to be counterfeit and void for event entry. Wildlands Festival will not honor counterfeit tickets for entry and is not responsible for refunds or any monetary considerations from an individual acquiring unauthorized tickets.
Wildlands Festival tickets delivered to you are not meant to be used for illegal reselling, copying, reproducing, or misrepresenting in any form. You cannot use the ticket(s) for any promotional/advertising purposes (including sweepstakes and competitions) without our prior approval. Any proven record of such activities will result in immediate seizure and cancellation of your ticket(s).
By purchasing this ticket and attending the event you and all individuals in your party acknowledge Wildlands Festival is a public event and you grant permission to the Event Organizer(s), partners, licensees and assigns, including but not limited to our brand, media and film partners, to utilize your image, likeness, acts, poses, and appearance at the event in any live or recorded video or photographic display for any purpose in any medium, without further authorization form, or compensation to, you or anyone acting on your behalf.
We will use the information you submit on this website to process your order and provide you with customer support. This includes sending you emails about your account, ticket purchase or event details, and communication from event partners.
HOW WILL WILDLANDS FESTIVAL CHARITIES UTILIZE DONATIONS FROM THE EVENT TO SUPPORT RIVER CONSERVATION?
Wildlands Festival has chosen American Rivers and Gallatin River Task Force as the charitable partners for 2023. The event will jointly celebrate the 30th anniversary of the film “A River Runs Through It,” the 50th anniversary American Rivers, and the important work GRTF is doing to keep the Gallatin River a thriving resource for Southwest Montana. American Rivers is committed to protecting 1 million threatened river miles in the United States by the year 2030. Funds raised at the Wildlands Festival will additionally help the organization work toward that goal.
Gallatin River Task Force
The Gallatin River Task Force has spent more than two decades working to ensure a healthy Gallatin River for future generations. Donations benefit their key projects:
- Algae Monitoring and Mitigation: Addressing nuisance algae blooms through monitoring and strategies to preserve the Gallatin River’s natural state.
- Wetland Treatment Systems and Nutrient Pollution Reduction: Constructing wetland treatment systems in the West Fork watershed to reduce harmful nitrogen levels and benefit the Gallatin ecosystem.
- Water Monitoring for River Health: Conducting comprehensive water monitoring to determine optimal nutrient levels and provide conservation recommendations.
- Upgraded Wastewater Treatment and River Access Restoration: Advocating for improved wastewater treatment and restoring river access points to enhance the river experience and protect its natural beauty.
- Water Conservation Initiatives: Implementing projects to reduce community water use by 20%, securing this vital resource.
- Advocacy for Federal and State Protections: Seeking federal protection and designating sections of the Gallatin, Taylor Fork, Madison, Yellowstone, and Smith rivers as Wild and Scenic, safeguarding these pristine waterways.
Supporting the Gallatin River Task Force addresses nutrient pollution, wastewater treatment, river access, water conservation, and advocacy for federal and state protections to ensure sustainability of the Gallatin River, preserve its beauty, protect wildlife, and support local communities.
American Rivers aims to safeguard 1 million miles of rivers nationwide by 2030. Donations benefit their key priorities:
- Pass the Montana Headwaters Legacy Act: Collaborating to designate 20 new Wild and Scenic Rivers in Montana, doubling protected river miles, including the Gallatin, Madison, Smith, and Yellowstone rivers.
- Protect the Gallatin River from Nutrient Pollution: Developing a restoration plan for the impaired middle segment to address chronic algal blooms caused by nutrient pollution.
- Protect the Smith River from Mining: Advocating against the construction of the Black Butte Copper Mine to prevent mining expansion into adjacent national forest lands.
- Urge Congress to Advance River Protection Legislation: Supporting land and water conservation bills to safeguard rivers and public lands nationwide.
- Conserve Public Waters on Public Lands: Collaborating to protect thousands of miles of rivers in national forests across Montana, Wyoming, and Idaho, advocating for Wild and Scenic designation.
Supporting American Rivers contributes to the protection and preservation of rivers nationwide, ensuring clean water, natural habitats, and a sustainable future for communities and diverse species. Donations will empower these projects, safeguarding rivers and fostering a brighter future for ecosystems and communities.